In this presentation we evaluate general ethical concerns and situations across several professions and then hone in on situations we encounter in the field of speech-language pathology in our work serving students from diverse backgrounds. We explore HOW and WHY we encounter ethical situations and WHAT we can do to eliminate such situations in the future.
• Describe ways to address ethical dilemmas in the workplace
• List the limitations of testing tools with multicultural populations
• Describe the appropriate use of test norms
• Describe how differences in sounds across languages affects development in bilingual children.
• Identify how to tell if an error is due to influence from another language or not
• Describe how dynamic assessment is used to reduce errors in diagnosing speech and language impairments.
This is a free course for speech pathologists