FINANCIAL: Phuong Palafox, M.A., CCC-SLP has no financial relationships to disclose.
NONFINANCIAL: Phuong Palafox, M.A., CCC-SLP does not have any non-financial relationships to disclose.
Intensive Speech-Language Therapy Model: How Am I Going to Do That?
A majority of SLPs use a pull-out, 30-minute twice a week model for speech-language therapy. Is this the most effective and efficient way to make gains for our students’ speech and language needs? As our workload increases, we need to find better practices. Participants will gain effective and fun strategies to use as speech-language pathologists and walk away energized and ready to tackle the new school year. This session will provide a framework for implementing an intensive speech and language service delivery model.
- Describe 2 different types of service delivery models.
- List 2 benefits of intensive speech and language service delivery as identified in research studies.
- List 3 steps for implementing an intensive service delivery model.
Participants will be able to:
- identify information and effectiveness related to current service delivery trends
- identify research and benefits of intensive speech and language service delivery
- list steps for implementing an intensive service delivery model
- discuss and dialogue to formulate a plan for the school year