Welcome! Greater confidence serving diverse children is only a few hours away.
The research, content, and materials included in this course have been field-tested by speech pathologists throughout the United States and Mexico. We have seen first-hand how professionals have made dramatic improvements to the population they serve. These trainings and downloadable resources have been consolidated into one easily accessible online course.
Effectively Evaluate Diverse Populations
- Identify the difference between disorder and second-language influence
- Efficiently evaluate students from second-language backgrounds
Improve Your Success in Therapy
- Successfully treat all types of speech sound disorders
- Reduce therapy planning with literacy-based intervention
- Increase student interest with culturally-rich therapy
Improve Your Professional Interactions
- Increase parent involvement
- Effectively evaluate students from second-language backgrounds
- Ethically reconcile difficult situations
Here is the process:
- Click on the course links below.
- Each course has a video lesson accompanied by handouts and related materials to be used for therapy and evaluations.
- Courses can be taken in any order. We suggest starting with the Difference or Disorder? Speech and Language courses because they lay the foundation for working with bilingual students.
- At the end of each lesson you will take a short quiz.
- After completing all courses you will receive your certificate.
If you have any additional questions, contact us at any time!
The courses in this series have been produced in concert with the American Speech-Language Hearing Association’s cultural competencies.
“Only by providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services can we provide the quality of services our clients/patients deserve. Regardless of our personal culture, practice setting, or caseload demographics, we must strive for culturally and linguistically appropriate service delivery.”ASHA’s Multicultural Issues Board