Course Type: Video – 3 1/2 hours
Successfully Use Storybooks to Reduce Planning Time, Easily Work in Groups, and Target Multiple Communication and Academic Goals
Fun, fast, effective therapy is only a few hours away.
The content in this course has been presented to hundreds of speech pathologists throughout the United States in full-day seminars. We know what professionals liked, what they thought was useful, and what information they needed to make a dramatic impact on their workload and caseload. We boiled all of the essential information down to this 3 1/2 course.
More than anything, we can’t tell you how much fun you and your students will have with literacy-based intervention. Enjoyable and Research-based? Not possible you say! Well, grab a cup of tea, have a seat, and lean in. We are about to tell you a story about how speech-pathologists are waking back up to the reasons they joined the field in the first place.
Since the publication of Literacy-Based Speech and Language Therapy Activities we are routinely asked: “Can you show us how to do this?” This course is the answer! It is a 9-Part Course walking you through Why and How to make you highly successful at reducing your planning time and dismissing children from any cultural or language background.
Here is the process:
- Click on the lesson links below.
- Each lesson has a video accompanied by handouts and related materials to be used for therapy.
- Lessons can be taken in any order. But there is a logical order to the course. We start with the research and fun cultural pieces and then work are way through pre-, during-, and post-storybook activities.
- At the end of all the lessons you will take a short quiz.
- Once all of the lessons and quiz is complete you will receive your certificate. For licensed SLPs, your completion will be reported to ASHA (with 30 days).