Hello! And thank you for visiting our site. Most commonly asked questions about Bilinguistics, our products and our online courses (with continuing education credits) are located below. Do not hesitate to contact us to get the information you need. Our goal is to be a reliable resource for you.
- What do I do if I am concerned about my child's communication?
- Which insurances do you accept?
Bilinguistics proudly accepts:
Blue Cross - Blue Shield
Medicaid (Amerigroup, CHIP, CSHCN, Superior, Sendero)
Online Course Purchase & General Information
- Do I need to pay an annual subscription to take these course?
Courses can be taken individually. We do offer a unlimited access to all courses on our subscription site.
- What if I have a question about the course or want more information?
All of our authors are accessible and happy to communicate with you. CONTACT US and let us know how we can help you, and let us know the best way to reach you.
- How much do the courses cost?
Each course is $15 per CEU. For example a .1 CEU course is $15, a .2 CEU course is $30, etc.
- What do I do if I have technical problems with a course?
We apologize for any inconvenience. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can address the problem immediately.
- Can I purchase multiple courses at a discount?
Yes. By becoming a member on our subscription site, you can take any and/or all courses on the website for an entire year.
- I want to buy for all of my staff members. Can multiple courses be purchased for a group?
Definitely! By using our Group/Corporate Discount, staff members are given a code to access the entire website for free. Certificates of Completion are seemlessly emailed to each professional after completing a course.
- Can I suggest a topic for a course?
Yes, our course content is driven by the current needs of our field and the feedback from SLPs just like you. Click on the CONTACT US link at the top of the page, and let us know what we can present to you. Please include your email.
- Do you do live presentations or present this information in person?
Yes! We present annually at state and national conferences and workshops. We have presented nationally and internationally and can tailor a presentation to meet your staff’s needs. Please contact us to schedule a presentation.
- Why can't I see the video on the courses? There is just a white space.
The Ipad and Firefox do not support the type of FLASH program that our courses are recorded in. Please use a PC or try a different browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome).
You can also update Flash for Firefox using these instructions: Flash in Firefox
Online Course CEU & Certification Questions
- I took a course before but have lost the certificate, can I get another one?
Yes, records are kept for three years. Contact us directly and provide your name, the name of the course and the date that you took the course. We will produce a new certificate for you and email it for free.
- Why do the courses say .1 CEU and not 1 CEU?
ASHA requires that 10 contact hours are gained each year. Each CEU is 1/10th (.1) of each year’s requirements.
- What is the difference between ASHA CEUs and other CEUs?
ASHA approved CE providers must meet stringent standards set by ASHA's Continuing Education Board. Only activities offering ASHA CEUs can be posted on your registry transcript. There are other types of CEUs and credits in the marketplace. However, ASHA does not regulate other types of credit. We advise you to contact your state licensing board to see what other types of credit are acceptable toward your licensure requirements. (ASHA.org)
- Will these Continuing Education Units be recognized in my state?
If your state recognizes ASHA CEUs (which, to our knowledge, all of them do) then our courses can be used for maintenance of licensure.
- When are CEU courses reported to ASHA? Will I receive credit for the correct date that I took the course?
Reporting is done quarterly. Therefore, you may not see your course on the ASHA transcript immediately after completion.
Although the courses are reported quarterly, the CEU credit on your transcript will reflect the month in which you took the course.
- I didn't receive a CEU certificate in my email. What should I do?
Please check your SPAM folder. The CEU certificate is generated as a .pdf file and some mail servers first treat it as spam.
If you still cannot find your certificate, please email email@example.com with your name, course title, date you took the course and we will be happy to send it to you.
- My order shows as processing. Do I have access?
Simply go to bilinguistics.com and click on the "My Courses" tab at the top. You will log in to your account and see the purchased courses.
- I purchased the All Access Pass and cannot access the courses. What do I do?
When you purchase the All Access Pass, you are provided with a coupon code in the confirmation email. (The coupon code is found in the lower, left corner (blue box) of the email.)
When you are ready to take a course, go to our website, bilinguistics.com, select the courses you'd like to view, add them to your cart and check out. Next, you will see a box marked "Apply Code" on the left side of the screen. Enter the coupon code. The dollar amount for the items in your cart will now be $0.
- How do I receive my CEUs after taking a course?
Upon completion of a course, the certificate of completion can immediately be downloaded and is also emailed to you as a .pdf document.